Have you ever looked at modern art and thought you could do better?
Then this project is perfect for you.
In this project I will show you how to make living art, that make patterns based on sound waves. All you need is your micro:bit, a speaker, cling film, cornstarch and water.
- Mix cornstarch and water.
I use a Norwegian product called Maizena. It is difficult to find the perfect mixture, I had to experiment a lot. Try to make a mixture that looks like milk but gives some resistance when you stir it.
- Connect the speaker to the micro:bit.
Cover it whit cling film to protect the speaker.
- Put some cornstarch-water-mixture on the top of the speaker, and play some tones.
- Try to find a the best frequency, play it whit this command.
- To fint the frequency it can be a good idea to use the program bellow.
By pressing A you increase the frequency, and B will decrease the frequency.
- Test different frequencies to see different patterns.
- Test different amount of water in the mixture.
- Test different size and shapes to see different patterns.
- Try the difference between a perfect circle and other shapes.